Saturday, October 1, 2011

TIE Blog 2

The voice thread activity was so much fun! The students were excited about being part of the voice thread, and they enjoyed viewing the finished product. I think the part of the voice thread that worked particularly well was the video comment that each group made. The students were thrilled to be videotaped, and they worked diligently to ensure that what they planned to say on camera was perfect. The students prepared their responses before translating them to the voice thread, so we eliminated the need for any "redos." The only thing I would do differently next time is to introduce the voice thread technology to the class before the lesson. I would have liked the students to be comfortable with the technology so that I wouldn't have had to spend so much time at the computer. Once students become comfortable with the technology, it will be an excellent tool to integrate into the curriculum.

Questions to Peers:
How could I extend this activity to cover more objectives?
How could I modify this activity so that students can work individually?


Lesson Plan

Affordances and Pedagogical Implications

Blooms Taxonomy and Multiple Intelligences

Storyboard

Voice Thread

Photos

Student Sample

Student Sample

1 comment:

  1. Amy, your voice thread is great! I can tell that you have put a lot of hard work and effort into this. The only way I could think you could modify for students to work together would be to give the students these same problems and have them to critically think and solve the problems. You could allow them to do this using manipulative s or with a worksheet on their own. With my experience though students work well together on activities such as this one.

    ReplyDelete